This Event will be held on November 3rd, 2017 • 7:00-11:00 pm at the The Villa at Ridder Country Club • 390 Oak Street, East Bridgewater, MA 02333
Dinner Tickets are $100 Per Person • Cocktail Attire Requested • Live & Silent Auctions
The Anne Kenneally Hynes Memorial Scholarship Committee is proud to present the Third Annual Legends and Legacies of East Bridgewater Gala. We hope you will join us at the event and help us to support graduates of East Bridgewater Junior/Senior High School as they pursue their college pathways. Anne Hynes was a teacher, librarian, mentor, friend, and supporter of generations of East Bridgewater students. The memory of Anne Hynes lives on through the mission of the AKH Memorial Scholarship Committee. Members of East Bridgewater Junior/Senior High School Classes of 2014-2017 have now been awarded $23,000 in college funds. For over forty years, this remarkable woman served as a teacher, librarian, friend, and mentor to countless East Bridgewater students. Our AKH Team will always treasure the time we spent with her as we perpetuate the legacy she established.
The evening’s Masters of Ceremony will be George McCabe. Tom Kerrigan of TMK Productions will serve as DJ and Auctioneer. Videography will be provided by Anne Kerrigan, Asst.Director of East Bridgewater Community Access Media. All have deep roots in East Bridgewater. Retired EBHS chemistry teacher John Young will be taking still shots of special moments from the evening.
The Villa at Ridder Country Club will provide an elegant setting for the evening’s events. For those who have not recently attended an event at this site, the modern, gleaming ballroom may come as a surprise. Bright and spacious, the facility is ready to welcome our guests for the evening’s festivities, which will include a lovely dinner, recognition of our honorees, and auctions, with dancing to follow. We hope to see you there to celebrate the accomplishments of our honorees and raise scholarship funds for graduates of East Bridgewater Junior/Senior High School.
Legends and Legacies of East Bridgewater Honorees for 2017
Paula is known to her family, friends, and community members as the founder of Paula Coffey Dance Center, which has been in operation in East Bridgewater for more than fifty years. Seemingly tireless, she has built an organization that not only embraces the art of dance but also encourages teamwork, friendship, volunteerism, respect, and community service as a part of the school curriculum. Paula has aptly named this approach “Coffey and Community.”
- Owner/director of the Paula Coffey Dance Center for 54 years
- PCDC awarded 2017 STUDIO OF EXCELLENCE by Association of Dance Conventions and Competitions
- Past President of National Association of Dance & Affiliated Artists
- Chairman of the National Scholarship Program, DYW, for 36 years; the program has awarded more than $260,000 in cash scholarships to local students
- Assumed leadership of the Capeway Junior Miss Pageant in 1982
- Donor of annual scholarships to EBHS graduates for more than 30 years
- Fundraising efforts by PCDC include: Lions Club International/eye research; Coats for Kids; Massachusetts Down Syndrome Council; American Heart Association/ first and largest ”Dance for Heart” event in Massachusetts
The Julius Family
Raised in East Bridgewater by Jack Julius and his late wife Ruth, this family has deep roots in the community. All of Jack and Ruth’s children, Glen, Randy, Dale, Lisa, and Barry, attended East Bridgewater High School and went on to succeed in varied careers. They have given back to the community in countless ways over their lifetimes. Although Randy and Dale will be featured during the Legends and Legacies 2017 Gala event, the constant reinforcement of love, hard work, and community consciousness has shaped the lives of all members of the family.
- Civil War scholar, lecturer and Living Historian
- Co-Founder of the East Bridgewater Civil War Roundtable
- Organizer of the Frank Harlow Day Memorial Celebration for 11 years
- Current President-Elect of the Kiwanis Club of East Bridgewater
- Chairman of the East Bridgewater Historical Commission
- Boy Scout troop 32 leader and volunteer, 50 years
- Freelance artist, writer and speaker; hunting and fishing guide
- Eight-time winner of the state waterfowl stamp competition; designer of first wildlands conservation stamp for the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
- Outdoor columnist, Brockton Enterprise and Patriot Ledger
- Current president of New England Outdoor Writers Association
Both Randy and Dale formed “Dale and the Duds” classic rock and roll band in 1972.
Please consider a Sponsorship at one of the levels being offered for the 2017 Legends and Legacies Gala fundraiser event. (Tickets for the Gala are $100 per person.)
- Supreme Sponsors $10,000 (includes 20 tickets)*
- Elite Sponsors $5000 (includes 10 tickets)
- Grand Sponsors $2500 (includes 6 tickets)
- Premier Sponsors $1500 (includes 4 tickets)
Additional Sponsor Levels: (no tickets included)
- Friends of Anne Platinum $500
- Friends of Anne Gold $400
- Friends of Anne Silver $300
- Friends of Anne Bronze $100
*Our Supreme Sponsor will be receive the honor of having a 2018 AKH Scholarship presented to a deserving recipient in the name their organization. A member of their organization will be invited to present that scholarship and be photographed with the recipient at Honors Evening in May, 2018.